Email | 410-642-1195
This course will be offered in-person only and has an attendance limit of 80.
Course Description: The helping profession entails a great deal of stress and the work conducted may lead to negative experiences for professionals across life domains. These challenges can affect both the professional and the organizational culture, impacting the well-being and effectiveness of employees and the larger system. This workshop will explore the impact of stress on professionals, potential consequences of exposure to trauma in the workplace, such as compassion fatigue, vicarious trauma, and burnout, and the importance of workplace resilience in addressing these
challenges. Supervision and structured self-care are critical components in developing resilience to address workplace stressors and dynamics, and this workshop will also consider supervision techniques that support strengths and lead to positive solutions, as well as structured self-care plans.
1. Recognize the potential impact of workplace stress on helping professionals, to include but not limited to compassion fatigue, vicarious trauma, and burnout.
2. Define and identify signs of compassion fatigue, vicarious trauma, and burnout.
3. Assess for personal experiences of compassion fatigue, vicarious trauma, and burnout.
4. Explain the importance of addressing workplace stress to develop and enhance workplace resilience.
5. Acknowledge the importance of supervision in addressing workplace stressors and supporting workplace resilience.
6. Apply techniques utilized in a vicarious trauma action plan as resources for developing and enhancing workplace resilience.
This course has an attendance limit and WILL NOT be offered virtually!
Registration closes at the end of the day September 12. Select the "register" button on the left panel of this screen, select whether you are a Community Provider or a Dept. of VA Employee, select the "Myself" button, and complete registration form accordingly. Department of VA Registrants MUST be current employees; retired VA register as a Community Provider. Lunch is included.
Community Provider - $90.00
Dept. of VA Employee - $45.00
APA Certificate - $10.00 additional fee
Evaluation and Certificate:
The webinar will track your attendance for the program day. You are expected to attend 90% of the content hours of the program in order to receive credit. Any attendee who falls below the 90% threshold will not receive credit for the training. Please plan to log into the training using a computer; calling into the training may result in a lower attendance score.
An evaluation will be emailed to attendees who completed the training within two business days of the program's completion. Certificates will generate upon submission of that evaluation. CHEP does not and will not issue partial credit certificates.