THIS EVENT IS 100% FREE!
June 20, 2023 9AM to 3:30PM
APCA Conference Center @ 3111 C Street, Suite 500
Are you doing any of these things in your community:
- Serve as a liaison between healthcare services and your community.
- Help link people to needed health information and services.
- Build individual and community capacity by increasing health knowledge and self-sufficiency through outreach, community education, informal counseling, social support, and advocacy.
- Perform health screenings.
- Have deep roots or shared life experiences in the communities you serve.
- Share similar values, ethnic background, and socio-economic status and usually the same language as the people you serve?
AND have a title such as:
- Community Care Coordinator
- Community Health Advisor
- Community Health Educator
- Community Health Promoter
- Community Health Representative
- Community Health Worker
- Community Outreach Worker
- Promotores de Salad
- Family Service Worker
- Patient Advocate
- Peer Counselor
- Other CBW Title
We want to Hear Your Voice as a
New and Emerging Workforce in Alaska
This is an opportunity for you to share your experiences as a community-based worker, including:
Share your thoughts about the future of this workforce, network with your peers, and have your "VOICE" heard. If you want to be notified of future meetings (virtual/in person) participate in a peer network please email EricaS@Alaskapca.org and put CBW Contact List in the subject line.
We are choosing to use the term Community-Based Worker to reflect the diversity of the field and include those who do this work under other titles and training.