Virtual Class Sessions will be held on:
(Day 1): Wednesday, September 27, 2023 from 12:00-4:00 PT PM and
(Day 2): Thursday, September 28, 2023 from 12:00-4:00 PT PM
Participants will also complete two webinars independently, one prior to the virtual class sessions and one after. Each webinar will take approximately 1 hour to complete.
About Youth SAVE
Youth SAVE (Suicide Assessment in Various Environments) equips school- and community-based mental health professionals to assess and intervene with youth who have thoughts of suicide. As a participant of Youth SAVE, this training will educate and challenge you to:
- Understand and identify needs, impact factors, resiliency, and challenges related to suicide among youth
- Understand and identify needs, protocols, and tools related to suicide among youth
- Conduct suicide assessment and intervention with youth both in-person and virtually
- Identify and understand resilience factors for youth and incorporate them into a collaborative safety plan
- Identify and connect to local resources for support with suicide prevention with youth
- Understand and apply an equity lens to suicide prevention with youth
The Youth SAVE training consists of 9 hours to be completed by participants over multiple days. The training format consists of two 3.5-hour virtual class sessions and two 1-hour webinars to be completed independently. This training uses Zoom and we require participants to have their camera for the duration of virtual class sessions. If this isn't a possibility for you during these training dates, please let us know and we would be happy to place you on our email list and notify you of future Youth SAVE training opportunities.
The National Association of Social Workers has approved this activity for 7.25 continuing education credits.
If you have any questions or would like further clarification before registering, please reach out to Youth.SAVE@oraap.org.