IRA Essentials gives attendees a solid foundation of IRA knowledge. Exercises are included throughout the day to help participants apply information to job-related situations. Attendees will leave this session able to work with IRA owners and process basic IRA transactions with confidence. This is a beginner’s session; no previous IRA knowledge is assumed. Attendees should bring a hand-held calculator.
Course Topics May Include:
Introduction and Establishing IRAs
• Identify the tax differences between a Traditional and Roth IRA
• Examine the process for establishing an IRA and the required documents
• Differentiate between the types of beneficiaries
• Learn about the Traditional and Roth IRA eligibility requirements
• Identify the contribution limit and deadline
• Communicate contribution reporting deadlines
• Identify federal income tax withholding requirements
• Examine IRS penalties and penalty exceptions
• Summarize the tax consequences of IRA distributions
• Communicate distribution reporting deadlines
• Differentiate between a rollover and a transfer
• Recognize rollovers between IRAs and employer-sponsored retirement plans
Who Should Attend? You should attend this seminar if you:
• Need to learn the basics of Traditional and Roth IRAs or
• Want an updated, general refresher on IRA rules.
The price is $275 per attendee
This class is a hybrid format. You can sign up to attend in person or online via Zoom. (A Zoom link will be provided at a later time)
Check-in begins at 8:30 am. Lunch will be served to in-person attendees.